All shall fade.
It could be said that James Bond is a cultural icon meant to reinforce a number of ideas about what it means to be a man. He’s surrounded by trappings of traditional masculinity- the perfectly fitted suit, small handgun (because a real man doesn’t need a Rambo-style machine gun to do the job), straight razor shave, uncomplicated and unsweet cocktail. For succeeding at manliness, he’s always rewarded by saving the day and having unrestricted sexual access to women.
In this scene, Silva threatens not only James Bond, but all of the masculine ideal, with rape and attempts to make that masculine ideal into an object instead of a subject. This act instantly identifies Silva as the villain- as he’s not only threatening England, but manliness as a concept. But Bond refuses to let Silva make him into an object- he returns the serve by implying that it might not be his “first time,” and by doing so, that there’s nothing inherently lesser or unmasculine about having homosexual relations. After this scene, Silva stops using emasculation as a technique and starts to go after Bond’s true weakness- his relationship with M.
This is perfectly explained
SKA-ROBOT-ARMY’S SUPER RAD SKA GIVEAWAY!
Listen up nerds, I’m having a giveaway. A giveaway so radical it’ll blow your mind! And we’re celebrating all kinds of ska. Yeah, 1st, 2nd (2 tone), and 3rd wave. How fucking awesome is that?
Here’s what you can win:
1) A 2-tone shirt, I’ll order it in whatever size you want.
2) Buttons! The bands on the pins are: Big D, The Beat, RBF, Less Than Jake, Bad Manners, Madness, and just a cool ska one with some checkerboard
3) Pins! A set of three that include: Walt Jabsco, Bad Manners and The Madness Logo
4) 3 CD’s! WOAAAHHHH! The Planet Smashers (1st album), The Selecter - Too Much Pressure, and Desmond Dekker - Greatest hits.
4) Some fucking stickers: Skankin’ Pickle and The Aquabats!
5) Wicked Patches: Ska against racism, Madness, and Operation Ivy. YEAHHHH
THE RULES AND SHIT
1) There will be one winner, and they will be chosen, completely randomly on January 5th. That’s enough time for me to get the stuff shipped to me, shipped to you etc.
2) You don’t have to be following me to win
3) You can like once and reblog up to 5 times, right on? Don’t want you spamming your followers
4) You have to be comfortable giving me your address, I’m not gonna post it publicly anywhere it’s so I can get your stuff to you. cool?
5) I will ship anywhere, Canada, Us, Australia, Narnia. I will ship it to you.
6) No giveaway blogs or side blogs! one blog only please and thank you :)
7) I’m ordering all this cool stuff from multiple places, so if something comes that’s less than satisfactory, the winner and myself can find a replacement item that doesn’t suck. Deal?
Have fun, kiddos.
HEY KIDDIES GUESS WHO’S BACK